- Students will be able to complete subjects in common with the Cert IV Information Technology by attending classes at campuses other than Adelaide but will need to study online or attend the Adelaide City campus to complete this qualification.
- Preferred pathways into this qualification is after completion of a Certificate IV in Computer Systems Technology or other relevant qualification or with demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior network support roles, including administrator, operation's analyst, technician, operation's or support coordinator/technician.
- Applicants with limited or no underpinning knowledge and skills may commence at a lower level and additional fees to those shown below will apply. For more information refer to the relevant Program information document on tafesa.edu.au/information-technology
- Please note that fees listed are for the Advanced Diploma only. Please see the Certificate IV course page for fees.
- Further offers for Adelaide City, Elizabeth, Noarlunga and Tea Tree Gully Campuses will be made on 23 March for a Term 2 Intake.
How to Apply
Note: You must be an Australian Resident to apply for this course.
For International Students please visit International Courses.
Various ICT professionals.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Award - SATAC application process
Certificate IV in Information Technology (ICT40115)
This certificate is designed to provide a wide range of general Information and Communications Technology (ICT) skills and knowledge. The general stream provides specialisation in information technology activities across a range of digital media technologies. It builds on the knowledge gained in Certificate III Information, Digital Media and Technology (ICT30115) and will equip you with the expertise to manage the IT requirements of any small business.
This program provides a range of skills required for employment in the ICT, and digital media industry including skills in information technology hardware, networking using CISCO and Microsoft technologies and virtual machines. 5 core units plus 15 electives.
Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Technology
This qualification provides you with the skills and knowledge to be competent in hardware and networking, software programming and web development. A person with this qualification would participate effectively in WHS communication and consultative processes, implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices, determine and confirm client business requirements, contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an IT environment. 12 core units plus 6 electives.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
This course is subsidised through the Government of South Australia's WorkReady initiative.
To access subsidised training through WorkReady, your suitability to complete the qualification will be assessed. This may include participation in a Language, Literacy and Numeracy pre-assessment.
This course is funded through the Government of South Australia's WorkReady initiative. To find out if you may be eligible for
this funding please visit the TAFE SA website.
There may be incidental fees for additional expenses to those required to complete the course. For example for equipment,
transport or accommodation.
To help with the payment of your fees, you may be able to pay your fees by instalments. To find out more please visit:
You may also be eligible for a fee concession if you hold a current:
- Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans Affairs Card
or if you are a prisoner in a South Australian correctional institution.
To find out more please visit: www.tafesa.edu.au/concession