This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to be competent in hardware and networking, software programming and web development.
- Students will be able to complete subjects in common with the Cert IV Information Technology by attending classes at campuses other than Adelaide but will need to study online or attend the Adelaide City campus to complete this qualification.
- Preferred pathways into this qualification is after completion of a Certificate IV in Computer Systems Technology or other relevant qualification or with demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior network support roles, including administrator, operation's analyst, technician, operation's or support coordinator/technician.
- Applicants with limited or no underpinning knowledge and skills may commence at a lower level and additional fees to those shown below will apply. For more information refer to the relevant Program information document on tafesa.edu.au/information-technology
- Please note that fees listed are for the Advanced Diploma only. Please see the Certificate IV course page for fees.
IT support technician, database and systems administrator, IT security, system developer.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Award - SATAC application process
Certificate IV in Information Technology (ICT40115)
This course covers skills in workplace safety, communication, copyright, ethics, privacy and client requirements. To complete the qualification you are required to complete all 5 core units and 15 elective units.
Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Technology
This qualification indludes skills in WHS communication and consultative processes, implementing and monitoring environmentally sustainable work practices, determining and confirming client business requirements, contributing to copyright, ethics and privacy in an IT environment. To complete the qualification you are required to complete all 12 core units and 6 elective units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
The TAFE SA qualification is subsidised through the Government of South Australia's WorkReady initiative.
To access subsidised training through WorkReady, your suitability to complete the qualification will be assessed. This may include participation in a Language, Literacy and Numeracy pre-assessment.
This course is funded through the Government of South Australia's WorkReady initiative. To find out if you may be eligible for
this funding please visit the TAFE SA website.
There may be incidental fees for additional expenses to those required to complete the course. For example for equipment,
transport or accommodation.
To help with the payment of your fees, you may be able to pay your fees by instalments. To find out more please visit:
You may also be eligible for a fee concession if you hold a current:
- Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans Affairs Card
or if you are a prisoner in a South Australian correctional institution.
To find out more please visit: www.tafesa.edu.au/concession