Graduates can find employment as data cabling installers. They will be able select, assemble, set up, repair and maintain simple equipment and systems for telecommunications cabling in buildings and premises. It includes ACMA requirements for Open Cabler registration, Structured and Optical Fiber Cabling. (Note: if you are a licenced electrician please refer to Skill Sets).
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate III in Data and Voice Communications
This course leads to the development of basic skills to install, set up, test fault find, repair and maintain telecommunications and high performance data services in buildings and premises.
You gain skills in:
- laying and connecting cables for multiple access to telecommunication services
- using electric circuits safely
- measuring circuit parameters
- fault finding simple dc circuits
- safely using hand and power tools
- fixing and securing equipment, PC servicing and computer networks fundamentals.
Your learning will be enhanced by combining lectures with practical laboratory and workshop sessions, including simulation tools.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
of TAFE SA graduates find jobs or continue studying.
of TAFE SA graduates are satisfied with the overall quality of training.
* 2019 NCVER Student Outcomes Survey findings