This Skill Set leads to the employment of Telecommunications Cablers installing Structured Cabling for the purpose of data transmission. It is a required qualification for Telecommunications Cablers to hold endorsement as Registered Cablers installing Structured cabling and Co-axial cabling as required by the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Skill Set in Data Communications - Install and Modify Performance Data Communication Structured Cabling
- Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
- Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components
- Solve problems in d.c.
- Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment
- Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications
- Install and maintain cabling for multiple access to telecommunication services
- Install and modify performance data communication copper cabling.
Note: Students who successfully complete one or more units of competency will receive a Statement of Attainment.