- Some of the units of competency listed below are only delivered in the Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management qualification. For further information regarding this qualification please visit the Diplom course page.
How to Apply
Note: You must be an Australian Resident to apply for this course.
For International Students please visit International Courses.
Career opportunities include:
• Outdoor Recreation Coordinator
(eg: commercial outdoor recreation companies, schools, aquatic centres, government agencies)
• Adventure tour guide
• Adventure tourism events
• Outdoor recreation project officer
• Advance bushwalking guide
• Climbing instructor
• Sea/flat water Kayak instructor
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Dual Diploma Program in Outdoor Recreation and Travel and Tourism
This double diploma course aims to provide students with an in-depth level of knowledge and skills that can be practically applied in a wide variety of occupations across the Outdoor Recreation and Adventure Tourism industries.
30 core units plus 26 elective units.
- Participating in a winter back-country alpine experience
- 4WD experience across the desert
- Planning and leading an end of year overseas adventure expedition
- Planning and leading outdoor activities for a number of SA school's outdoor recreation programs
- Leading bushwalks and field trips to remote locations in SA
Successful completion of this course provides you with the following qualifications:
|Qualification||TAFE SA Code||National Code|
|Diploma of Outdoor Recreation||TP00317||SIS50310|
|Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management||TP00991||SIT50116|
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
This course is subsidised through the Government of South Australia's WorkReady initiative.
To access subsidised training through WorkReady, your suitability to complete the qualification will be assessed. This may include participation in a Language, Literacy and Numeracy pre-assessment.
This course is funded through the Government of South Australia's WorkReady initiative. To find out if you may be eligible for
this funding please visit the TAFE SA website.
There may be incidental fees for additional expenses to those required to complete the course. For example for equipment,
transport or accommodation.
To help with the payment of your fees, you may be able to pay your fees by instalments. To find out more please visit:
You may also be eligible for a fee concession if you hold a current:
- Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans Affairs Card
or if you are a prisoner in a South Australian correctional institution.
To find out more please visit: www.tafesa.edu.au/concession