Improve your English
Located in modern facilities in the heart of Adelaide, TAFE SA’s English Language Centre (ELC) offers affordable, intensive English language programs tailored to international students. You do not have to be going on to study a TAFE SA course to study at our Language Centre.
If you are an international student on a student visa, a working holiday visa or tourist visa, TAFE SA intensive English language courses will develop your English skills for:
- Fun and travel
- Study at TAFE SA or university
- IELTS testing
- Future employment
Choosing the right course
With many English language courses to choose from, selecting the best one for your needs can be confusing. Enquire now for help with ELICOS courses.
Why study English with us?
- Highly qualified, experienced and friendly staff
- Affordable fees
- Conveniently located in the heart of Adelaide
- Small classes and individual attention from highly qualified teachers
- Only government-owned English Language Centre in South Australia
- Flexible start times
- Clear pathways to TAFE SA and universities in Adelaide
- Opportunities to sit in on TAFE SA classes
- Access to the TAFE SA library with extensive English language and online resources
Download the course guide
Semester Dates for English Courses
All courses commence on the dates listed below with the exception of the General English course which commences every Monday during the term.
||Term 1: 29 January – 13 April
Term 2: 30 April – 6 July
|Term 3: 23 July – 28 September
Term 4: 15 October – 14 December
||Term 1: 29 January – 12 April
Term 2: 29 April – 5 July
|Term 3: 22 July – 27 September
Term 4: 14 October – 13 December