Learn how to effectively check all your electrical equipment in line with OH&S regulations and the current Australian Standards. This short course will cover preparing and using the portable apparatus tester, using test results to establish the safety status, identifying safe and unsafe cords and apparatus, applying appropriate tagging, documenting testing activities and dealing with unplanned events. No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA. International students on a Student visa (subclass 500) are not eligible to undertake short courses.
Upon completing this course students receive a card outlining their competence, allowing the testing and tagging of appliances.
Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies (TEST and TAG)
- Preparing the portable apparatus tester
- Connecting cords and apparatus to the testing apparatus
- Using test results to establish the safety status
- Identifying safe and unsafe cords and apparatus
- Applying appropriate tagging
- Documenting testing activities
- Dealing with unplanned events by drawing on essential knowledge and skills to provide appropriate solutions incorporated in a holistic assessment with the above listed items