This short course provides participants with an introduction to using Python programming language. During the course you will develop small console based programs using the programming structures sequence, selection and iteration. The course will also cover array processing and file handling including reading and writing text data files.
This is an introductory course, however it is advantageous for participants to have prior knowledge in basic programming.
This course will cover:
- Basics of program design
- Understanding Pseudocode, Algorithms, Data Types, Variables, Constants, Numbers and Strings
- Sequence structures
- Selection structures: if, nested-if and switch statements, Relational and Logical Operators
- Iteration structures: while, do while and for loops
- Debugging techniques
- Introduction to Arrays
- Introduction to file handling using EOF loops
- Reading and writing text data files
Apply introductory programming techniques (ICTPRG301)
Mon 20 Apr 20
Thu 23 Apr 20
If ineligible for State Government funding subsidies the full course cost of $320 will apply.
This delivery is offered under State Government funding subsidies. Eligible students must be an Australian Citizen/Permanent Resident, be 16 years of age or over and reside in South Australia.
Mon 13 Jul 20
Thu 16 Jul 20
Tue 6 Oct 20
Fri 9 Oct 20
Course enquiries and more information
Freecall 1800 882 661