- The course is recognised as Elementary to Advanced English Studies. The actual duration and cost for the student will depend on the students English level determined through assessment prior to the course either (1) on arrival, or (2) by the overseas agent, or (3) through a pre-entry test. Once determined the cost/duration will be agreed and visa arrangements confirmed with maximum 40 weeks and $14,000 cost. Ultimately the course is $350 per week. Standard cost/duration options depending on English level are;
10 weeks = $3,500.00
20 weeks = $7,000.00
30 weeks = $10,500.00
40 weeks = $14,000.00
How to Apply
International Course - application process
If you are applying from onshore, generally, you will need to apply for an international course to TAFE South Australia at least two months before you want to start your studies in Australia. If you are applying from offshore it is highly recommended that you apply at least four months in advance.
Read more about:
Note: You must be an International resident to apply for this course.
For Australian residents please visit TAFE SA Courses.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
General English 40
The following skills & activities are covered:
- Developing listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- Improving vocabulary, grammar & pronunciation
- Developing communication skills
- Visits by community groups
- Excursions to cultural landmarks and visits to local events
Weekly classwork consists of 20 hours face-to-face tuition. Students have access to an extensive range of resources and digital learning materials.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
These course fees are for international students only.
|Tuition Fees||Incidental Fees|
|Semester 1||AUD $7000||-|
|Semester 2||AUD $7000||-|
|Fee Totals||AUD $14000||-|
|Total Course Cost||AUD $14000|
Note: TAFE SA does not commit to any fees shown. Charges vary between courses and subjects and are
based on a rate per hour. TAFE SA and their agents reserve the right to make any changes necessary.
Overseas Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) insurance for the entire duration of the course. The health cover rate will vary depending on the personal circumstances and duration of stay in Australia. Read more about Overseas Health Cover.
TAFE SA International offers an optional Arrival & Pick up and/or Accommodation Service. For further details please contact us.