- Our General English courses are designed for international students and other temporary visa holders looking to improve their English for personal or professional development. You don’t need to be planning to study in a TAFE SA award course to study at the English Language Centre. The course duration varies from five to 40 weeks and will be tailored to your individual needs, depending on your level of English, goals and study pathways.
-Developing listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
-Developing communication skills
- New courses begin weekly, with a short pre-course assessment and interview to ensure you are enrolled at a level that suits you. The cost of the course is only $350 per week, whether you study with us for 40 weeks or just five.
- Course duration varies from 5 to 40 weeks depending on student’s level of proficiency and desired outcome
- Levels from Elementary to Advanced
- General English is a pathway into EAP20
Qualifications & Skills Covered
General English 40
The following skills & activities are covered:
- Developing listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- Improving vocabulary, grammar & pronunciation
- Developing communication skills
- Visits by community groups
- Excursions to cultural landmarks and visits to local events
Weekly classwork consists of 20 hours face-to-face tuition. Students have access to an extensive range of resources and digital learning materials.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
These course fees are for international students only.
|Tuition Fees||Incidental Fees|
|Semester 1||AUD $7000||-|
|Semester 2||AUD $7000||-|
|Fee Totals||AUD $14000||-|
|Total Course Cost||AUD $14000|
Note: TAFE SA does not commit to any fees shown. Charges vary between courses and subjects and are
based on a rate per hour. TAFE SA and their agents reserve the right to make any changes necessary.
Overseas Students Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) insurance for the entire duration of the course. The health cover rate will vary depending on the personal circumstances and duration of stay in Australia. Read more about Overseas Students Health Cover.