- Students will be able to complete subjects in common with the Cert IV Information Technology by attending classes at campuses other than Adelaide but will need to study online or attend the Adelaide City campus to complete this qualification.
- Applicants with limited or no underpinning knowledge and skills may commence at a lower level and additional fees to those shown below will apply. For more information refer to the relevant Program information document on tafesa.edu.au/information-technology
- Please note that fees listed are for the Diploma only. Please see the Certificate IV course page for fees.
- Further offers for Adelaide City, Elizabeth, Noarlunga and Tea Tree Gully Campuses will be made on 23 March for a Term 2 Intake.
How to Apply
Note: You must be an Australian Resident to apply for this course.
For International Students please visit International Courses.
Career examples: Graphic designer, web designer, illustrator, multimedia designer.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Award - SATAC application process
Certificate IV in Digital Media Technologies (ICT40815)
The program provides opportunities to work with new and emerging digital media technology to develop skills in web design, web programming, digital image editing, 2D and 3D modelling and animation, games development, video editing and post-video production. There is a focus on mobile website development with HTML5 and CSS3 for developing mobile-based websites for iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows mobile devices. 7 core units plus 10 electives.
Diploma of Digital Media Technologies
This qualification provides you with the skills and knowledge to be competent in designing, developing and refining digital media technologies as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team. It provides the opportunity to work in new and emerging digital media technology areas with skills in web design and development, web programming, advanced image editing, 2D and 3D modelling and animation, introduction to games development, programming for mobile applications, video editing and post video production. 7 core units plus 11 electives.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
This course is subsidised through the Government of South Australia's WorkReady initiative.
To access subsidised training through WorkReady, your suitability to complete the qualification will be assessed. This may include participation in a Language, Literacy and Numeracy pre-assessment.
This course is funded through the Government of South Australia's WorkReady initiative. To find out if you may be eligible for
this funding please visit the TAFE SA website.
There may be incidental fees for additional expenses to those required to complete the course. For example for equipment,
transport or accommodation.
To help with the payment of your fees, you may be able to pay your fees by instalments. To find out more please visit:
You may also be eligible for a fee concession if you hold a current:
- Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans Affairs Card
or if you are a prisoner in a South Australian correctional institution.
To find out more please visit: www.tafesa.edu.au/concession