- This qualification requires a combination of online study and compulsory weekly attendance on campus. In addition to this, students will be required to attend a localised industry specific setting for work placement (50-120 hours) and complete industry experience at Bower Place Complex Needs Clinic www.bowerplace.com.au - a practicing clinic; located in Gawler Place, ADELAIDE.
- Campus locations for workshop days will include:
- All Regional applicants please apply via Port Pirie Campus (SATAC Code 728345). Once per term an intensive 1 week practical block will be offered at Adelaide Campus as an alternative study option for regional students ONLY. This will replace the weekly workshops.
- For participation in this qualification, students will be required to obtain a clearance from the Department of Communities and Social Inclusion at their expense. For more information please go to https://screening.dcsi.sa.gov.au/
How to Apply
Note: You must be an Australian Resident to apply for this course.
For International Students please visit International Courses.
Job role titles may include: Alternative Care Worker; Care Worker; Case Support Worker; Child Protection Support Worker; Children's/Youth Support Worker; Community Visitors; Cottage Parent; Direct Care Worker; Early Intervention Worker; Entry Level Case Worker; Family Support/Prevention Worker; Foster Parent/Carer; Home Based Care Worker; Out of Home Care Provider; Residential Care Worker.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Family Support)
This qualification provides the skills for work in youth and family intervention, including practice specialisations in residential and out of home care, family support and early intervention. Workers operate under a broad supervision framework and within clearly defined organisational guidelines, service plans and position specifications. 10 core units plus 6 electives.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
This course is subsidised through the Government of South Australia's WorkReady initiative.
To access subsidised training through WorkReady, your suitability to complete the qualification will be assessed. This may include participation in a Language, Literacy and Numeracy pre-assessment.
This course is funded through the Government of South Australia's WorkReady initiative. To find out if you may be eligible for
this funding please visit the TAFE SA website.
There may be incidental fees for additional expenses to those required to complete the course. For example for equipment,
transport or accommodation.
To help with the payment of your fees, you may be able to pay your fees by instalments. To find out more please visit:
You may also be eligible for a fee concession if you hold a current:
- Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans Affairs Card
or if you are a prisoner in a South Australian correctional institution.
To find out more please visit: www.tafesa.edu.au/concession