This qualification provides competencies to select, install, set up, test, fault find, repair and maintain electrical systems and equipment in building and premises. It includes ERAC requirements for an ‘Electrician’s licence’.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician
20 core units:
- Participate in electrical work competency development activities
- Apply OHS regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
- Fabricate dismantle, assemble of utilities industry components
- Solve problems in d.c.
- Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment
- Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications
- Document and apply measures to control OHS risks associated with electrotechnology work
- Solve problems in single and three phase low voltage machines
- Solve problems in single and three phase low voltage electrical apparatus and circuits
- Arrange circuits, control and protection for general electrical installations
- Solve problems in electromagnetic devices and related circuits
- Solve problems in low voltage a.c.
- Install low voltage wiring and accessories
- Install appliances, switchgear and associated accessories for low voltage electrical installations
- Verify compliance and functionality of low voltage general electrical installations
- Terminate cables, cords and accessories for low voltage circuits
- Select wiring systems and cables for low voltage general electrical installations
- Trouble-shoot and repair faults in low voltage electrical apparatus and circuits
- Develop and connect electrical control circuits
- Apply environmental and sustainable procedures in the energy sector
- plus elective units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.