What we offer
- Rooms and spaces specially designed to cater to babies (up to 2 years old), toddlers (2 – 3 years old) and pre-schoolers (3 – 5 years old).
- Stimulating outdoor play area with open access all day.
- On-site cook – meals and snacks provided in accordance with children’s nutritional guidelines.
- Nappies provided.
- Onsite pre-school (kindergarten) program for all 4-year-olds.
- An experienced, caring and passionate team of Educators
- Resources and programs which value and celebrate diversity.
- Multi-lingual staff.
- Sun Smart centre status.
- Allergy awareness.
Access to a nearby community garden allows children to enjoy time outdoors, exploring the natural world and learning firsthand about growing food and plants, as well as learning about the community surrounding them.
Fitness sessions with a child safe fitness instructor tailored to expand childrens’ physical wellbeing are also available at the gym for an extra fee.
We are excited to embark on establishing City West's very own adventure play area.
This area will provide children with a multitude of loose parts and natural materials to engage in open-ended and creative play and exploration, experience risk and challenging play.
“Risk-taking is an essential part of children’s play. Managing that risk is the key to providing opportunities that support growth and development and keep children safe from unreasonable risk and injury. The balancing of these two is vital for our children’s health and development. (Allen and Rapee, 2005 cited in Sanseter, E. and Kennair, L. 2011)
Everyday life is full of risks and challenges and children need opportunities to develop the skills associated with managing risk and making informed judgements about risks from a very young age.
Risky play helps to develop important life skill learnings such as:
- Building resilience and persistence
- Balance and coordination
- Awareness of the capabilities and limits of their own bodies
- The ability to assess and make judgement about risk
- Handling tools safely and with purpose
- Understanding consequence to action
- Confidence and independence
- Creativity and inventiveness
- Curiosity and wonder
- Problem solving
Our qualified, experienced and caring staff provide individual care and attention. This is led by a Curriculum Coordinator who offers a wealth of experience in early childhood development.
To arrange a time to visit your local TAFE SA Child Care Centre, call between 9am and 5pm from Monday through to Friday. You can also complete and submit the form below and we’ll follow up with you within a day or two.
City West Child Care Centre
222 - 228 Waymouth Street
Phone: 8417 4200
Email: City West Child Care Centre
Parent / Guardian Details