Health cover

It is an Australian Government requirement that student visa holders contribute to the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) scheme. This cover must be paid before your student visa can be issued.

How much you pay for OSHC will depend on the length of your course. The amount payable for your health cover is shown on your letter of offer.

If you have paid the OSHC fee, you will receive your Overseas Student Health Care (OSHC) card soon after Orientation.

More information on OSHC is available in a downloadable pdf at the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.

Allianz is TAFE South Australia-preferred supplier of OSHC to International Students studying at TAFE South Australia.

Contact Allianz

General Enquiries and Member Services

Within Australia: 13 67 42

Outside Australia:+ 61 7 3305 8841


1800  651 359 (Australia)

Download a claim form here

24 Hour Emergency Hotline

1800 814 781 (Australia)

Finding a doctor or medical service

If you need to see a doctor urgently, public hospitals have emergency/outpatient departments. See the South Australian Department of Health website for a list of public hospitals.

In emergency situations, the telephone number for police, fire or ambulance services is 000.

For non-urgent, routine health issues, the International Students Office has a list of doctors and their locations.

Use the Allianz Find A Doctor tool

The Student Services Office at your campus may also have a list of doctors and their locations.