TAFE SA Centre for Dental Studies provides career pathways with courses in dental assisting, dental radiography, practice management, dental technology, dental prosthetics and dental hygiene.
Our Dental Studies programs are nationally endorsed and the Advanced Diploma of Oral Health (Dental Hygiene) is accredited by the Australian Dental Council (ADC) providing evidence of consultation with learners, industry and community towards provision of quality assured and industry supported programs of learning.
Dental Studies programs incorporate innovative and flexible learning and assessment methodologies to reflect current philosophies and practice within the dental community and industry. An emphasis on integrating current science and practice is facilitated through competency and problem based learning methodologies that reflect required knowledge and skills for industry application.
The innovative methodologies include the on-line Moodle course management system that facilitates a virtual environment for all learners to access valuable learning and assessment recourse to support their learning.
Studying a TAFE SA dental course will offer you the opportunity to pursue a career as a dental assistant, hygienist, technician or prosthetist.
Each vocation shares the oral health context, however, the individual programs are designed to identify and meet the workplace needs required by industry. These may include:
• Professional practice and communication
• Dental health promotion, education and instruction
• Assisting the dental practitioner in the preparation for dental procedures, management of the dental patient and dental records
• Occupational health, safety and welfare requirements in dental practice
• Performing health screening and oral health analysis via extra-oral and intra-oral examination to prepare an individual treatment plan
• Assisting in, or providing preventive and therapeutic tasks to support optimal oral health
• Assisting or collaborating with a dental practitioner in the formation of fixed or removable oral prosthesis
• Working in a specialist practice within the dental context
Gilles Plains Campus
33 Blacks Rd
Gilles Plains 5086
Email: enquire online
Phone: +61 8 8207 1247