TAFEstart courses aim to equip students with the foundation skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to successfully undertake further vocational study or employment.
Nationally accredited, TAFEstart courses are offered from Certificate I through to Diploma level in areas including:
These courses can also include workplace training and assessment during structured vocational placements and on-campus vocational studies in many areas.
Specific study options are also available for people seeking to enter a range of occupations e.g. (South Australian Police, Defence Forces and South Australian Fire Service) that require selection testing as part of the entry requirements.
Courses are very flexible and can be customised to meet individual needs, with study available on a full-time, part-time or individual subject basis both on and off campus
TAFEstart courses are designed to meet the needs of a diverse group of students, including:
- people seeking a career change
- retrenched workers seeking to develop new skills
- employees seeking promotion
- women returning to the workforce
- young people at risk of disengaging from formal learning
- the long-term unemployed
- people with a disability or special needs
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- people from non-English-speaking backgrounds.
TAFEstart can help you get the job you want, and it supports career development and change. The program has excellent outcomes, with participants reporting increased confidence and success in meeting their objectives in further education, employment and personal development.