Note: No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA.
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to make decisions in a legal context. It is intended to satisfy the requirement for a course of study in commercial law at an introductory or foundation level covering Australian legal systems and processes.
Note: to provide tax practitioners services in Australia, tax agents must meet the requirements of, and be registered with, the Tax Practitioner's Board.
Australian Commercial Law I - TAFESA TPB TAX3 (Tax Agent Registration)
- The Legal System: legal foundations, the Constitution, statute law
- The Legal System: the courts, case law and dispute resolution
- Civil liability: tort of negligence
- Civil liability: intentional torts and defamation
- Business structures
- Agency law
- Partnerships and Joint ventures
- Negotiable instruments and EFT
- Credit law and the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act
- Bankruptcy and debt recovery
- Privacy and e-commerce
- Marketing law and ethics
- Intellectual property
- Insurance law
- Employment Law and industrial relations
- Workplace health and safety and workers compensation