Note: No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA.
This course describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge on a user-oriented approach for a course in basic accounting principles. This approach focuses on an understanding of basic accounting principles and applications.
This course meets the Australian Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) educational requirements for Tax Agent registration and renewal of registration.
Basic Accountancy Principles for Tax Agents - TAFESA TPB 12 (Tax Agent Registration)
- Sources of regulation of accounting
- Understanding financial statements for different business structures
- Transaction analysis
- Basic understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Cash and accrual accounting
- A conceptual framework: Scope, reporting entity and objective of financial reporting
- The conceptual framework: The fundamentals of general purpose financial reporting
- Key concepts and rules integral to understanding financial statements
- Definition and recognition of assets
- Definition and recognition of liabilities
- Measurement of current-assets, including receivables and inventory
- Measurement of non-current assets, including depreciation and impairment
- Measurement of liabilities
- Taxable income and accounting profit (loss)