Certificate IV in Patisserie
- Certificate III in Patisserie (SIT31113)
Campus Locations for Course Delivery
Course Admission Requirements
(for International Applications)
of 5.5 Overall with minimum of 5.0 in all bands or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of the Certificate III in Patisserie.
- Indian, Nepalese and Bangladeshi students need satisfactory completion of
Year 12 or overseas equivalent
at 60% in the top 4 subjects (excluding native language) for all courses (ie Cert III, Cert IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Associate Degree) If student has needed to re-sit for their exam provide all exam results.*Not accepting Punjab State Board or Haryana State Board HS results only – need to present a Central Board result exam or a higher qualification.
- Students would typically complete a Patisserie package of a Certificate III in Patisserie, a Certificate IV in Patisserie and an Advanced Diploma of Hospitality for a total duration of 2 academic years (4 semesters). Students will complete Certificate IV and part of the Advanced Diploma concurrently during the 3rd semester of the package of courses. Students choosing to exit with a Certificate IV (and not complete the Advanced Diploma) will complete the Certificate III & Certificate IV qualifications within 1.5 academic years. There is no longer an Advanced Diploma of Patisserie.
- Students may be able to fast track the 2 year package of courses should they do their work placement during their study and complete in approximately 18 months. Should this occur students will still pay the total program fee, however the semester invoice fees will reflect the actual study and placement load.
How to Apply
International Course - application process
If you are applying from onshore, generally, you will need to apply for an international course to TAFE South Australia at least two months before you want to start your studies in Australia. If you are applying from offshore it is highly recommended that you apply at least four months in advance.
Read more about:
Note: You must be an International resident to apply for this course.
For Australian residents please visit TAFE SA Courses.
Courses cover all areas of sweet and savoury baked-goods production, including cake- and sponge-making and decoration, bread making, pastry production, preparing biscuits, cookies and meringues, and cake decorating. Certificate-level graduates find work in international hotels, catering institutions, small and large bakeries, artisan bakeries, restaurants, cafes, cake franchises and hospitals. Specialist courses from Certificate III to Diploma-level are available in patisserie, providing career paths in high-class restaurants or hotels, or specialist cafes and patisseries.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate IV in Patisserie
This course promotes skills for pastry chefs who have supervisory or team leading roles in the kitchen. Pastry chefs operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems and how to control costs. This qualification will equip you with a broad range of advanced cake and dessert finishing skills, including sugar pulling and chocolate designs. 27 core units plus 5 electives.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
These course fees are for international students only.
Total course cost
(19 weeks)||AUD $10500|
* Students may also be required to purchase additional learning materials, including uniforms.
The total package costs of Certificate III & IV in Patisserie and the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality is $32500.
Note: TAFE SA does not commit to any fees shown. Charges vary between courses and subjects and are
based on a rate per hour. TAFE SA and their agents reserve the right to make any changes necessary.
Overseas Student Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) insurance for the entire duration of the course. The health cover rate will vary depending on the personal circumstances and duration of stay in Australia. Read more about Overseas Student Health Cover.
TAFE SA International offers an optional Arrival & Pick up and/or Accommodation Service. For further details please contact us.