Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled-Division 2 nursing)
Campus Locations for Course Delivery
Course Admission Requirements
(for International Applications)
- An academic
of 6.0 overall with minimum of 5.5 in all bands or equivalent.
- Students seeking a packaged offer with the Bachelor of Nursing at the University of South Australia must have an academic
of 6.0 overall with minimum of 6.0 in all bands or equivalent for entry into the Diploma of Nursing at TAFE SA.
- Satisfactory completion of
Year 12 or overseas equivalent
or the successful completion of the Certificate IV in Preparation for Nursing Education plus English requirement (An academic
of 6.0 overall with minimum of 5.5 in all bands or equivalent) and
- Ability to meet the physical demands of nursing work, particularly the requirements of manual handling.
Work Placement Duration: 400 hours
- Graduates from the Certificate III in Individual Support(Ageing) will need to successfully complete the Certificate IV in Preparation for Nursing Education to gain entry into the Diploma of Nursing.
- *University Packaged offers are available for July intake only. Note the higher IELTS requirements in the Course Admission Requirements section.
- This qualification satisfies the academic requirements to be eligible to apply for registration through AHPRA. Graduates will also be required to complete other requirements of registration including gaining a successful International Criminal History Check See http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Criminal-history-checks/International-Criminal-History.aspx for further details.
For more specific information regarding registration requirements for Nursing can be sourced at http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Registration-and-Endorsement.aspx
How to Apply
International Course - application process
If you are applying from onshore, generally, you will need to apply for an international course to TAFE South Australia at least two months before you want to start your studies in Australia. If you are applying from offshore it is highly recommended that you apply at least four months in advance.
Read more about:
Note: You must be an International resident to apply for this course.
For Australian residents please visit TAFE SA Courses.
Nurses are important members of the health care team and their primary role is providing patient care. Nurses need to develop skills to communicate with people, have knowledge of contemporary nursing practice, law and ethics, anatomy and physiology, acute and chronic health disorders, clinical nursing skills and medication management. Study in this area can lead to qualification as an enrolled nurse, assisting in the provision of preventative, curative and rehabilitative nursing care in hospitals, aged-care facilities, the community and other health care settings.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled-Division 2 nursing)
This qualification equips you with the knowledge and skills required to provide effective nursing care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The course focuses on developing caring, reflective practitioners who are able to integrate theory with practice, problem solve and work in a collaborative team environment.
Knowledge and skills will be developed in areas including communication, cultural diversity, law and ethics, anatomy and physiology, acute and chronic health disorders, clinical nursing skills and medication management.
21 core units plus 5 electives. NOTE: 400 hours of Professional Experience Placement will be required.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
Packaged University Offer
This course is available as a Packaged University Offer. The University program(s) for this course: Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Health Science at the University of South Australia
This allows students to accept a joint packaged offer with a local South Australian University, and upon successful completion of TAFE SA qualification, the student is eligible for a guaranteed entry into a nominated University Program. Find out more about Packaged University Offers.
The benefits of a Packaged University Offer include:
- Students will be able to apply for a single visa for the entire duration of both programs
- Guaranteed entry into selected University Programs
- Guaranteed credits shorten the duration of qualifications and reduces tuition fees over the total duration of study program
- Graduate with a dual qualification from both TAFE SA and a University (for example Advanced Diploma/Bachelor Degree)
- Graduate with a competitive mix of practical and theoretical skills
See relevant Credit Transfer details below.
You will only receive a joint offer for TAFE SA and University if you apply for a Packaged University Program. If the University course that you have selected is not part of a Packaged University Offers, you will need to apply separately to the University for your selected degree program.
Studying at TAFE SA is one of the easiest pathways towards a University Degree. Credit Transfer is the formal recognition that parts of a TAFE SA course are equivalent in content and level to parts of some University courses.
Find other TAFE SA Credit Transfer Agreements
|University||University Course||Points||Time Equiv.||Details|
|Flinders University||Bachelor of Nursing (Pre-Registration)||36 points
|University of Adelaide||Bachelor of Nursing||24 points
|University of South Australia||Bachelor of Nursing||36 points
| ||Bachelor of Health Science||18 points
These course fees are for international students only.
|Tuition Fees||Incidental Fees|
|Semester 1||AUD $7250||-|
|Semester 2||AUD $7250||-|
|Semester 3||AUD $7250||-|
|Fee Totals||AUD $21750||-|
|Total Course Cost||AUD $21750|
Note: TAFE SA does not commit to any fees shown. Charges vary between courses and subjects and are
based on a rate per hour. TAFE SA and their agents reserve the right to make any changes necessary.
Overseas Student Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) insurance for the entire duration of the course. The health cover rate will vary depending on the personal circumstances and duration of stay in Australia. Read more about Overseas Student Health Cover.
TAFE SA International offers an optional Arrival & Pick up and/or Accommodation Service. For further details please contact us.