In this course you will plan designs for residential and commercial spaces, learn the best techniques, and create amazing work. You will have the opportunity to become a fully qualified signwriter with a course that covers all aspects of the sign industry.
Possible job roles include: Signwriter; Sign Manufacturer.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate III in Signage
14 core units:
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Plan and organise work
- Conduct workplace communication
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- Use colour for signage
- Lay out and design signage
- Prepare surfaces for signage
- Produce digital signage
- Fabricate signage
- Sign write to simple forms
- Apply fasteners and fixings
- Produce vinyl signage
- Use rotary router
- plus 7 elective units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.