Advanced Diploma of Accounting
|Teaching Duration||80 weeks|
|Course Type||Training Package Qualification|
Example Career Profile||AccountantAccountant|
|Create PDF of this page
Campus Locations for Course Delivery
Course Admission Requirements
(for International Applications)
- This Advanced Diploma of Accounting (4 semesters) includes components of the Diploma of Accounting (1 semesters) and Certificate IV in Accounting (2 semesters). Students seeking an offer and enrolment into the Advanced Diploma of Accounting course will only receive a COE and parchment for the Advanced Diploma course. They will not receive a parchment for the lower level courses of Diploma or Certificate IV.
How to Apply
International Course - application process
If you are applying from onshore, generally, you will need to apply for an international course to TAFE South Australia at least two months before you want to start your studies in Australia. If you are applying from offshore it is highly recommended that you apply at least four months in advance.
Read more about:
Note: You must be an International resident to apply for this course.
For Australian residents please visit TAFE SA Courses.
Courses in banking and finance give students the skills and knowledge to work in a variety of financial institutions and positions. Skills to be developed include maintaining financial records, processing journal entries, preparing financial reports, processing payroll, communicating in the workplace, using technology in the workplace, and resolving customer complaints. Graduates of the Advanced Diploma can find work as accountants, auditors and tax agents. This qualification meets the educational requirements for membership to the National Institute of Accountants.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Advanced Diploma of Accounting
3 core units:
- Monitor corporate governance activities
- Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
- Interpret and use financial statistics and tools
- plus 5 elective units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
Packaged University Offer
This course is available as a Packaged University Offer under Streamlined Visa Processing Arrangements. The University program(s) for this course: Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Bachelor of Business or Bachelor Of Business (Finance) at the University of South Australia
This allows students to accept a joint packaged offer with a local South Australian University, and upon successful completion of TAFE SA qualification, the student is eligible for a guaranteed entry into a nominated University Program. Find out more about Packaged University Offers.
The benefits of a Packaged University Offer include:
- Students will be able to apply for a single visa for the entire duration of both programs through the Streamlined Visa Processing system
- Guaranteed entry into selected University Programs
- Guaranteed credits shorten the duration of qualifications and reduces tuition fees over the total duration of study program
- Graduate with a dual qualification from both TAFE SA and a University (for example Advanced Diploma/Bachelor Degree)
- Graduate with a competitive mix of practical and theoretical skills
See relevant Credit Transfer details below.
Studying at TAFE SA is one of the easiest pathways towards a University Degree. Credit Transfer is the formal recognition that parts of a TAFE SA course are equivalent in content and level to parts of some University courses.
Find other TAFE SA Credit Transfer Agreements
|Flinders University||Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)||108||54||Details
|Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)||108||54||Details
|University of Adelaide||Bachelor of Commerce (Management)||72||24||Details
|Bachelor of Commerce (Corporate Finance)||72||24||Details
|Bachelor of Commerce (International Business)||72||24||Details
|Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship||72||36||Yes||Details
|Bachelor of Commerce||72||24||Details
|Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)||72||24||Details
|Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)||72||24||Details
|University of South Australia||Bachelor of Business (Finance)||108||36||Details
|Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)||108||54||Details
These course fees are for international students only.
|Tuition Fees||Incidental Fees|
|Semester 1||AUD $5000||AUD $300|
|Semester 2||AUD $5000||AUD $300|
|Semester 3||AUD $5000||AUD $300|
|Semester 4||AUD $5000||AUD $300|
|Fee Totals||AUD $20000||AUD $1200|
|Total Course Cost||AUD $21200|
* Students will need to buy required textbooks of a specific technical nature as identified on the booklist each semester.
Note: TAFE SA does not commit to any fees shown. Charges vary between courses and subjects and are
based on a rate per hour. TAFE SA and their agents reserve the right to make any changes necessary.
Overseas Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) insurance for the entire duration of the course. The health cover rate will vary depending on the personal circumstances and duration of stay in Australia. Read more about Overseas Health Cover.
TAFE SA International offers an optional Arrival & Pick up and/or Accommodation Service. For further details please contact us.