- Students interested in the Graphic Design course will have the option of choosing 1 of 3 streams: general; digital design; or illustration.
- Campus will change to the Adelaide City Arts (AC Arts) Campus from semester 2, 2017.
How to Apply
International Course - application process
If you are applying from onshore, generally, you will need to apply for an international course to TAFE South Australia at least two months before you want to start your studies in Australia. If you are applying from offshore it is highly recommended that you apply at least four months in advance.
Read more about:
Note: You must be an International resident to apply for this course.
For Australian residents please visit TAFE SA Courses.
Graphic designers are creative individuals who produce artwork and page layouts for reproduction in print and electronic media such as magazines, newspapers, books and websites, and for corporate identity programs and advertising campaigns. They may work as team members in design studios or advertising agencies, or alone undertaking consultancy or freelance work. Printing courses encompass major aspects of the electronic publishing and graphic design industry, as well as having application to web design and development. Courses cover computer technology and design, with aspects of electronic publishing, digital design and sign production, preparing students for careers in the printing, graphic and sign-production industries.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Diploma of Graphic Design
9 core units:
- Develop and extend design skills and practice
- Refine drawing and other visual represent tools
- Research visual communication history and theory
- Produce graphic designs for 2D and 3D applications
- Produce typographic design solutions
- Create and manipulate graphics
- Design and manipulate complex layouts
- Develop graphic design practice to meet industry needs
- Present a body of own creative work
- plus 10 elective units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
Packaged University Offer
This course is available as a Packaged University Offer. The University program(s) for this course: Bachelor of Media at the University of Adelaide
This allows students to accept a joint packaged offer with a local South Australian University, and upon successful completion of TAFE SA qualification, the student is eligible for a guaranteed entry into a nominated University Program. Find out more about Packaged University Offers.
The benefits of a Packaged University Offer include:
- Students will be able to apply for a single visa for the entire duration of both programs
- Guaranteed entry into selected University Programs
- Guaranteed credits shorten the duration of qualifications and reduces tuition fees over the total duration of study program
- Graduate with a dual qualification from both TAFE SA and a University (for example Advanced Diploma/Bachelor Degree)
- Graduate with a competitive mix of practical and theoretical skills
See relevant Credit Transfer details below.
Studying at TAFE SA is one of the easiest pathways towards a University Degree. Credit Transfer is the formal recognition that parts of a TAFE SA course are equivalent in content and level to parts of some University courses.
Find other TAFE SA Credit Transfer Agreements
|University of Adelaide||Bachelor of Media||72||24||Details
|Bachelor of Media (majoring in Marketing)||72||12||Details
|Bachelor of Media (majoring in Journalism)||72||12||Details
|University of South Australia||Bachelor of Design (Communication Design)||108||36||Details
These course fees are for international students only.
|Tuition Fees||Incidental Fees|
|Semester 1||AUD $7000||-|
|Semester 2||AUD $7000||-|
|Fee Totals||AUD $14000||-|
|Total Course Cost||AUD $14000|
Note: TAFE SA does not commit to any fees shown. Charges vary between courses and subjects and are
based on a rate per hour. TAFE SA and their agents reserve the right to make any changes necessary.
Overseas Student Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) insurance for the entire duration of the course. The health cover rate will vary depending on the personal circumstances and duration of stay in Australia. Read more about Overseas Student Health Cover.
TAFE SA International offers an optional Arrival & Pick up and/or Accommodation Service. For further details please contact us.