How to Apply
Note: You must be an Australian Resident to apply for this course.
For International Students please visit International Courses.
Graduates can gain employment as drafters of residential projects working under supervision with Architects, Builders or Building Designers.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate IV in Residential Drafting
12 core units:
- Apply drafting office administration processes
- Apply principles of construction technology to private residential dwellings
- Carry out a site survey of an existing building
- Create technically projected presentation views of architectural design concepts
- Evaluate materials for construction of residential dwellings
- Produce 2D architectural drawings using CAD software
- Produce drawing documentation for private residential buildings
- Produce working drawings for a single storey private residence
- Produce working drawings for a two storey private residence
- Provide design solutions for private residential dwellings
- Provide design solutions for small residential living units
- Use sketching presentation techniques to communicate design concepts
- plus elective units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
Studying at TAFE SA is one of the easiest pathways towards a University Degree. Credit Transfer is the formal recognition that parts of a TAFE SA course are equivalent in content and level to parts of some University courses.
Find other TAFE SA Credit Transfer Agreements
|University of South Australia||Bachelor of Construction Management and Economics||144||9||Details