TAFE SA libraries can provide you with:
- a range of books, magazines, videos and databases in your subject area, in both print and electronic formats
- instruction in using libraries to get the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed information available
- access to computing and printing facilities to assist you in producing your assignments
- multimedia equipment for use in the classroom and at home
- private and group study facilities
- friendly staff, who can help you with reference and research enquiries
All students and staff can join. TAFE SA ID cards double as library cards and are issued at enrolment.
Explore the TAFE SA Library Network Catalogue to:
- Search the catalogue
- Ask a question
- Access electronic information such as databases, e-books and electronic journals
- Check your loans
- Make equipment bookings and reservations
- Search across the other TAFE SA libraries
- Check our opening hours
We provide access to a range of study guides. They cover both subject-specific resources, and generic study skills such as researching and setting out assignments, giving presentations etc.
We provide access to a number of databases which compile journal articles and other publications from across a whole range of subject areas. Some of these databases are freely available, others are restricted to TAFE SA students & staff only so you will need to login in order to access. Login to My Library then return to the Online Databases page. You will then have access to all the databases listed below:
- ANZ Reference Centre
- Business Source Premier
- Health Reference Centre Academic
- Health and Wellness Resource Centre
- The Joanna Briggs Institute
- MasterFILE Premier
- SAI Global (Australian Standards)
Borrowers from other TAFEs
TAFE SA Libraries also participate in the TAFE Libraries National Reciprocal Borrowing Scheme which allows students and staff of all TAFE Institutions to borrow materials in person from any other TAFE library in any other state.
Under this scheme, non-SA TAFE borrowers may:
- borrow up to 5 books/serials at a time (NB items in high demand may be restricted or unavailable at various times)
- Photocopying – at cost price – ask staff for a generic photocopying card
Please present your TAFE SA barcoded ID card when borrowing. Registration is for 1 year or for the duration of your course (whichever is shorter).