Studying a TAFE SA horse racing industry course will prepare you for a career in breeding, training and caring for race horses.
Depending on your level of study, you will learn a range of skills that
will be useful for your future career. These may include:
- caring for horses
- handling horses safely
- riding or driving horses at track work
- determining nutritional requirements
- assessing health and first aid for standardbreds or thoroughbreds
- anatomy and physiology of horses
- evaluating training and racing programs for standardbreds or thoroughbreds
- managing and promoting a training and racing business
- managing business planning processes and finances for training establishments
- training and racing standardbreds or thoroughbreds.
Horse racing industry courses are offered at the Morphettville Campus.
Qualifications within this career group include all those associated with breeding, training and caring for race horses.