Many entertainment events, both art and sport based, occur in Adelaide every year.
Arts events include:
- Adelaide Fringe Festival
- Adelaide Festival of the Arts (biennial)
- Adelaide Cabaret Festival
- Adelaide Film Festival
- Adelaide Festival of Ideas
- Adelaide Writers' Week
- Adelaide Guitar Festival
Regular sporting events include
- Tour Down Under (international cycling race)
- Adelaide International (tennis tournament)
- Test and One-Day International Cricket
- Clipsal 500 V8 car race
- AFL football (national Australian rules football league)
- A-League football (national soccer league)
- NBL and WNBL (national men's and women's basketball)
- ANZ Championship (trans-Tasman netball league)
- The World Solar Challenge also finishes in Adelaide. TAFE SA is a regular entrant.
South Australia is also a great state to visit with contrasting landscapes and climates. The state's has some spectacular unspoilt beaches on Kangaroo Island, along the Southeast coast past the Coorong, as well as on the Fleurieu, York and Eyre Peninsulas.
The state also includes the Flinders Ranges, a mountain range only a few hours' drive from Adelaide, that stretches more than 400 km to the north.
The Australian outback also starts in South Australia. North of Port Augusta, the lanscape takes on the characteristic red and ochre hues. Through Coober Pedy and beyond is the timeless expanses of The Great Victoria and Strzelecki Deserts.
For more information on where to visit in South Australia, visit southaustralia.com.