Leadership and Management Studies
The Leadership and Management qualifications develop skills and knowledge that are transferable across and within different industry sectors within a small, medium, large or global organisation. New subjects in emotional intelligence; corporate social responsibility; communicating with influence; improving productivity and innovation and more complement traditional management subjects such as team leadership; planning and organising; budgets, financial and risk management and managing change.
The Certificate IV in Leadership and Management is ideal for those emerging leaders or those working as a supervisor, team leader or leading hand. As well as having responsibility for self-performance, participants will be providing leadership, guidance and support to others by organising and monitoring their work outcomes.
The Diploma of Leadership and Management is for individuals who are working as leaders or managers to develop practical skills in planning, organising, implement and monitoring your own work and that of others using highly developed communication skills, initiative and judgement. Participants will develop a range of solutions to address unpredictable problems using information sourced, analysed and synthesised from a range of sources.
The Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management is for strategic leaders, program managers or executive managers. The course develops high level cognitive and communication skills to complex organisational problems to be solved using creative or conceptual responses.
A range of specialist qualifications are also available including:
- The Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) is a highly sought after qualification which aims to provide participants with the skills and understanding in all aspects of managing a building and construction firm.Preferably participants will be currently employed in a Supervisory/Management position in a construction business environment and be seeking to formalise their qualification.
- Our Purchasing courses prepare graduates to work in the challenging procurement sectors of industry. They are suitable for people in junior managerial or managerial roles in industry or commerce, in supply, procurement, purchasing, contract management or materials management.
Management Studies Courses
Employment opportunities in this area of study include the following:
- Area Manager
- Construction manager
- Contract Manager
- Department Manager
- Estimating manager
- Inventory and Purchasing Manager
- Leading Hand
- Procurement Officer
- Project manager
- Purchasing and Inventory Administrator
- Purchasing Assistant
- Purchasing Clerk
- Purchasing Officer
- Purchasing Consultant
- Purchasing Coordinator
- Purchasing Manager
- Regional Manager
- Sales manager
- Site and Purchasing Coordinator
- Stock Control Officer
- Team Leader
Management Studies enquiries
Email: Management Studies
Phone: (08) 8207 8373
General TAFE SA enquiries
Email: Enquire online
Phone: 1800 882 661 (freecall)
TTY for deaf: 8226 4413
Management courses are available at many TAFE SA locations across South Australia. Visit the TAFE SA campus page to find a campus near you.