There are limited criteria under which a refund may be granted.
Where a refund results from a situation caused by the Institute, eg cancelled class, a full refund of the fees will be given. No administration fee will apply.
Acceptance of a place in a higher preference course offered through SATAC
A full refund will be given if you provide a copy of the letter of offer. No administration fee will apply.
Refunds will not be granted automatically. You are expected to be aware of your work and personal commitments before you enrol, and will need to demonstrate that the cause of withdrawal could not be reasonably anticipated before you enrolled.
A full refund will be given if you:
- withdraw before the date of commencement of the course
- produce a document that supports your successful application for status in parts of a course, where the full fees have been paid. This will only apply within three weeks of the start of the course. After that time, all other elements of the refund policy apply if you withdraw as a result of being awarded status.
A 50% refund will be given if you withdraw for reasons of personal circumstances beyond your control, after the course has started, but before you have completed 20% of the course.
Acceptable reasons may include:
- sickness (verified by a medical certificate)
- change of employment hours or location (verified by employer)
- other valid reason at the discretion of the delegate, or
- as a result of a successful RPL application, received within three weeks of the date of the start of any units in which you have enrolled.
Non-subsidised or Fee for Service courses
There is no refund of fees for these courses.
A separate policy applies for international students. You should contact TAFE South Australia International on +61 8207 8279