There are limited criteria under which a refund may be granted.
TAFE SA initiated refunds
Where a refund results from a situation caused by the Institute, eg cancelled class, a full refund of the fees will be given. No administration fee will apply.
Acceptance of a place in a higher preference course offered through SATAC
A full refund will be given if you provide a copy of the letter of offer. No administration fee will apply.
Student initiated refunds
Refunds will not be granted automatically. You are expected to be aware of your work and personal commitments before you enrol, and will need to demonstrate that the cause of withdrawal could not be reasonably anticipated before you enrolled.
A full refund will be given if you:
- withdraw before the date of commencement of the relevant class(es) or course
- produce a document that supports your successful application for status in parts of a course, where the full fees have been paid. This will only apply within the first 20% of the scheduled duration of the relevant class (unit of competency / CRN). After that time, all other elements of the refund policy apply if you withdraw as a result of being awarded status.
A 50% refund will be given if you withdraw for reasons of personal circumstances beyond your control, after the relevant class (unit of competency / CRN) has started, but before 20% of the classes scheduled duration.
Acceptable reasons may include:
- sickness (verified by a medical certificate)
- change of employment hours or location (verified by employer)
- other valid reason at the discretion of the delegate, or
- If you complete an application for RPL within the first 20% of the scheduled duration of the relevant class (unit of competency / CRN), you will be charged the appropriate RPL fee and the difference will be refunded.
See also refunds for Government funded loan schemes if these apply to you:
Short courses and Full fee paying courses
No refund will be granted:
- Unless TAFE SA withdraws the course in which case a full refund will be provided
A separate policy applies for international students. You should contact TAFE South Australia International on +61 8 8463 5487