TAFE SA offers courses to help non-English-speaking students communicate effectively, both socially and in their studies.
The nationally accredited and approved courses are run through English Language Services (ELS) in central Adelaide and offer students the skills needed to gain employment or admission to further English language or vocational courses.
Courses are run at beginner, intermediate and advanced level and focus on a student's individual language needs, incorporating the skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- English courses for migrants and refugees
- TAFEstart courses for people who want to study at university or TAFE SA, or work in a specialised area such as hospitality, information technology, aged care, hairdressing or financial services
- accredited teacher and tutor training
- home tutor and distance-learning services
- settlement and support services which provide information about life in Australia
- assistance in finding jobs
- special facilities, including modern computer suites, free internet access, a comprehensive library, childcare services, and student lounges where students can relax and socialise.
Studiosity is an after-hours academic tutoring service which provides individualised tutoring and guidance to students. Studiosity is one-to-one, on-demand, and anonymous and is available as follows:
Studiosity Connect Live: 3pm to 12am (midnight) Sunday to Friday. In the ‘online classroom’ students can chat via instant messaging, draw graphs or write equations onto the interactive graph paper, or upload a file.
- Studiosity 24/7 Essay Help: students can get help with a written draft and receive an expert response within 24 hours.
The tutors employed by Studiosity are specially selected and qualified to help students with language, literacy, numeracy, study, and assignment support. Topics covered include:
- Report Writing
- Science (Advanced Biology, Advanced Chemistry, Advanced Physics)
- Maths (financial, general, specialist)
- Assignments and Projects
- Research Skills
- Study Skills
- English Skills and Concepts
Studiosity is a *FREE* service for all current enrolled students. Students can access Studiosity by logging into TAFE SA Learn, and clicking on the Studiosity logo.