Assessing your Learning Support Needs
Students who need additional support for vocational training undertake courses in Foundation Studies streams or they may access additional bridging or foundation skill development within their training package.
A Core Skills Assessment (CSPA) will help plan the right learning support options.
Studiosity (formerly Your Tutor) is an after-hours academic tutoring service which provides individualised tutoring and guidance to students. Studiosity is available as follows:
- Studiosity Connect Live: 3pm to 12am (midnight) Sunday to Friday. In the ‘online classroom’ students can chat via instant messaging, draw graphs or write equations onto the interactive graph paper, or upload a file.
- Studiosity 24/7 Essay Help: students can get help with a written draft and receive an expert response within 24 hours.
The tutors employed by Studiosity are specially selected and qualified to help students with language, literacy, numeracy, study, and assignment support.
How do you access Studiosity?
Just log into TAFE SA Learn using your normal TAFE SA network login details. A direct link will be visible to you from the Learn homepage, qualification homepage, and course pages.
TAFE SA Library website
Visit the TAFE SA library website to access a range of resources including:
My Information Skills online tutorials
My Information Skills is a suite of short, self-paced online tutorials on research, study and referencing skills for TAFE SA students. The self-paced guides compliment the library study guides, covering information literacy skills including how to:
- manage time effectively while studying
- analyse and interpret assignment topics
- effectively search the library and internet
- evaluate the quality and credibility of resources
- present essays, reports and presentations
- reference appropriately using the Harvard referencing style
Contact your librarian for more information.
TAFE SA offers courses to help non-English-speaking students communicate effectively, both socially and in their studies.
The nationally accredited and approved courses are run through the English Language Centre and offer students the skills needed to gain employment or admission to further English language or vocational courses.