- Students may wish to undertake the Restaurant Management Package consisting of the
• Certificate III in Hospitality
• Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
• Either the Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery or the Certificate IV in Hospitality
• Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
This package includes study of food preparation, hospitality management, front of house, budget, menu and kitchen planning, staff management and financial and business planning and management. The package equips graduates to effectively start, plan and manage restaurants, food or hospitality businesses, having gained knowledge and skills of all key areas of the business. Graduates of the Restaurant Management Program will have a competitive advantage in gaining detailed knowledge and practical skills across both commercial cookery and hospitality.
Students selecting the Commercial Cookery stream with the addition of the Certificate III in Hospitality will be charged $38,000. Students selecting the Hospitality stream with the addition of the Certificate III in Commercial Cookery will be charged $40000. Both variations of the Restaurant Management Package are 2.5 years or 5 semesters in length. Students adding the Certificate III in Hospitality to the Commercial Cookery stream may complete earlier due to the shorter duration of the work placement. Typically students will complete the two Certificate III courses and then progress to the Certificate IV and Advanced Diploma.
- Students may be able to fast track the 2 year package of courses should they do their work placement during their study and complete in approximately 18 months. Should this occur students will still pay the total program fee, however the semester invoice fees will reflect the actual study and placement load.
How to Apply
International Course - application process
If you are applying from onshore, generally, you will need to apply for an international course to TAFE South Australia at least two months before you want to start your studies in Australia. If you are applying from offshore it is highly recommended that you apply at least four months in advance.
Read more about:
Note: You must be an International resident to apply for this course.
For Australian residents please visit TAFE SA Courses.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
This qualification provides skills for commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. 27 core units plus 6 electives.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
These course fees are for international students only.
Total course cost
(19 weeks)||AUD $10000|
* Students will also be required to purchase additional learning materials, including uniforms. The total package costs of Certificate III & IV in Commercial Cookery and the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality is $32000.
Note: TAFE SA does not commit to any fees shown. Charges vary between courses and subjects and are
based on a rate per hour. TAFE SA and their agents reserve the right to make any changes necessary.
Overseas Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) insurance for the entire duration of the course. The health cover rate will vary depending on the personal circumstances and duration of stay in Australia. Read more about Overseas Health Cover.
TAFE SA International offers an optional Arrival & Pick up and/or Accommodation Service. For further details please contact us.