- This course is designed for students with advanced English skills who need to further improve their IELTS score for study, migration or professional registration. Our experienced teachers are highly skilled at targeting your learning to ensure you achieve your individual goals.
-Preparing for entry into TAFE SA or university courses with a higher IELTS requirement (nursing, dental technology, electronic engineering and others)
-Preparing for professional registration and migration applications
-Developing high-level English skills: writing, listening and note taking, reading, comprehension, language for oral presentations and seminars, study and research skills
-Strengthening English grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and computer literacy
-IELTS test practice.
With small classes and one-on-one feedback, you will be regularly assessed to ensure you reach the advanced level of English you need.
- This course can accommodate students at varying levels as the focus is on individual progress and improving test scores.
10 weeks of study can improve IELTS score by approximately 0.5 points.
On-shore student can sit a pre-entry test at the English language Centre
How to Apply
International Course - application process
If you are applying from onshore, generally, you will need to apply for an international course to TAFE South Australia at least two months before you want to start your studies in Australia. If you are applying from offshore it is highly recommended that you apply at least four months in advance.
Read more about:
Note: You must be an International resident to apply for this course.
For Australian residents please visit TAFE SA Courses.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Advanced IELTS Preparation
The following skills are covered:
- Improved confidence in speaking
- Effective strategies for reading and listening tasks
- Improve grammar and vocabulary relevant to IELTS
- Time and stress management
- Strategies for test taking
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
These course fees are for international students only.
Total course cost
(26 weeks)||AUD $7000|
Note: TAFE SA does not commit to any fees shown. Charges vary between courses and subjects and are
based on a rate per hour. TAFE SA and their agents reserve the right to make any changes necessary.
Overseas Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) insurance for the entire duration of the course. The health cover rate will vary depending on the personal circumstances and duration of stay in Australia. Read more about Overseas Health Cover.