Students who have completed this course will be able to work in international hotels, catering institutions, hotbread shops, supermarket bakeries, artisan bakeries, restaurants, cafes, plant bakeries (Tip-Top, Buttercup), bread and cake franchises (Brumby's, Bakers Delight & Cheese Cake Shop) and hospitals.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate III in Retail Baking (Combined)
17 core units:
- Implement the food safety program and procedures
- Contribute to OHS processes
- Use numerical applications in the workplace
- Provide and apply workplace information
- Form and fill pastry products
- Prepare fillings
- Produce pastry
- Produce bread dough
- Produce sponge, cake and cookie batter
- Decorate cakes and cookies
- Bake bread
- Bake sponges, cakes and cookies
- Bake pastry products
- Process dough
- Diagnose and respond to product and process faults (bread)
- Diagnose and respond to product and process (pastry, cake and cookies)
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- plus 3 elective units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.