This Skill Set provides the appropriate qualification for Registration as an Open Cabler as required by the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Skill Set in Data Communications - ACMA 'Open' Cabling Provider
- Install and maintain cabling for multiple access to telecommunication services
- Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
- Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components
- Solve problems in d.c.
- Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment
- Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications.
Note: Students who successfully complete one or more units of competency will receive a Statement of Attainment.