How to Apply
Contact campus for application and enrolment information.
Note: You must be an Australian Resident to apply for this course.
For International Students please visit International Courses.
This Skill Set provides the appropriate qualification for Registration as an Open Cabler as required by the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Skill Set in Data Communications - ACMA 'Open' Cabling Provider
- Install and maintain cabling for multiple access to telecommunication services
- Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
- Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components
- Solve problems in d.c.
- Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment
- Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications.
Note: Students who successfully complete one or more units of competency will receive a Statement of Attainment.