How to Apply
Contact campus for application and enrolment information.
Note: You must be an Australian Resident to apply for this course.
For International Students please visit International Courses.
This Skill Set leads to the employment of Telecommunications Cablers installing optical fibre for the purpose of high speed data transmission. It is a required qualification for Telecommunications Cablers to hold endorsement as Registered Cablers installing optical fibre cabling as required by the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Skill Set in Data Communications - Install and Modify Performance Data Communication Optical Fibre - UEE11
- Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
- Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components
- Solve problems in d.c.
- Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment
- Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications
- Install and maintain cabling for multiple access to telecommunication services
- Install and modify optical fibre performance data communication cabling.
Note: Students who successfully complete one or more units of competency will receive a Statement of Attainment.