TAFE SA is making significant progress as it applies the lessons from last year’s audit by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to implement a new quality framework across the organisation.
TAFE SA has also been advised that ASQA intends to conduct its next planned and anticipated audit (a compliance monitoring audit) for four days commencing 17 September 2018 (Full list of qualifications below).
TAFE SA Interim Chief Executive, Alex Reid, said that TAFE SA staff have been working hard to ensure that high quality teaching and assessment materials were being applied consistently across the organisation.
“The action taken throughout the year is part of TAFE SA's continuous improvement program to ensure our education and training meets the rigorous standards of all regulatory bodies and in particular meets the expectations of our students,” Ms Reid said.
“We welcome the opportunity to engage with ASQA again in the pursuit of compliant and high quality teaching and assessment tools.
“While 24 units of competency were reviewed by ASQA during the previous audit, we have taken the opportunity to review the almost 4000 units which TAFE SA regularly delivers, to ensure that all assessment materials are of the highest quality.
“Implementing the new quality framework is a significant undertaking which would normally take many years to complete, and while some of these units are at various stages of review, we continue to make positive progress, and expect this to be completed by mid next year.
“We have also established a new Directorate focusing on quality throughout TAFE SA, with an Executive Director, Quality Teaching and Learning, who commenced in July".
ASQA has indicated interest in auditing the following qualifications:
Implementation following previous audit
- Certificate III in Individual Support
- Certificate III in Hairdressing
- Diploma of Visual Merchandising
- Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology
New qualifications to be audited
- Diploma of Business
- Certificate III in Beauty Services
- Certificate II in Retail Services
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate III in Companion Animal Services
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
- Certificate III in Dental Nursing
- Diploma of Nursing
- Diploma of Aeroskills (Mechanical)
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade
- Certificate IV in Fitness
A final list of qualifications for audit will be determined by ASQA over the coming weeks.
Read previous ASQA Reports