TAFE SA offers courses to help non-English-speaking students communicate effectively, both socially and in their studies.
The nationally accredited and approved courses are run through English Language Services (ELS) in central Adelaide and offer students the skills needed to gain employment or admission to further English language or vocational courses.
Courses are run at beginner, intermediate and advanced level and focus on a student's individual language needs, incorporating the skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- English courses for migrants and refugees
- TAFEstart courses for people who want to study at university or TAFE SA, or work in a specialised area such as hospitality, information technology, aged care, hairdressing or financial services
- accredited teacher and tutor training
- home tutor and distance-learning services
- settlement and support services which provide information about life in Australia
- assistance in finding jobs
- special facilities, including modern computer suites, free internet access, a comprehensive library, childcare services, and student lounges where students can relax and socialise.