Student Story - Rudra: Bachelor in the Barossa Series

Jun 10, 2021

The TAFE SA Bachelor of Tourism, Hospitality and Events Management (099074G/CRS1400588) course will be delivered at our Barossa Valley Campus from Semester 2 2021. To celebrate, we are catching up with three of our international students who are currently studying the Bachelor at our Regency Campus.

Our second student is Rudra, who is originally from Chitwan, Nepal. When in Nepal, Rudra was considering a career in Defence but his sister’s recommendation to move to Adelaide sparked his decision to study Tourism, Hospitality and Events Management abroad.

Why did you choose to study at TAFE SA?

The key attraction to me was affordable course fees, but since starting here I have received a lot of support and am happy with my decision. The teachers have been very supportive and the knowledge I have learnt through my course is very relevant. I can’t wait for the opportunity to use what I have learnt.  

What is your favourite thing to do in Adelaide? 
Since moving here in 2018, my journey has been sweet and memorable. A big part of this has been because of my weekends, of course, which have been best enjoyed with the friends that I have made here. We love to go out and take trips to the regions to visit wineries around South Australia.  I also enjoy seeing wildlife and experiencing what nature has to offer.

What interests you about the field you are currently studying and how will it assist you to achieve your future goals? 

The hospitality, tourism and events industry is very social. It allows me to meet new people and try different and exciting things every day. There will be opportunities for me to experience a variety of roles and hopefully travel too.

What is one useful thing you have learnt in your course so far? 

Before starting my course, I always thought that customers were the key to success within this industry. Now that I am coming towards the end of my study, I recognise that every business needs customers, but I truly understand the importance of happy employees and how employees keep the business functioning to the best of its ability, improving customer experiences.

What do you hope to do after you finish studying at TAFE SA? 

I want to apply all the useful things I have learnt, especially about people and staff. I see myself working in a managerial position or within an executive team, overseeing business and helping it run smoothly.

Do you have a piece of advice for other international students?

Do not hesitate, choose to study at TAFE. Take advantage of affordable fees, but also supportive lecturers and an environment that is unique for learning and experiences. Remember, TAFEs can offer degrees too, which are a good option for international students. 

Are you interested in studying Tourism, Hospitality or Events Management? Learn more about our courses today. 

Enquire now

How to apply