FAQ International - Living and working in Adelaide

  • Does TAFE South Australia offer any other student support services such as counselling or job referral services?

    TAFE South Australia offers the following student support services:

    • Access to an International Student Support Coordinator
    • Personal and career counselling
    • On arrival orientation program to familiarise yourself with South Australia
    • Academic tutorial and English language support
    • Use of modern, state of the art computer and audio visual equipment rooms
    • Access to excellent research and library facilities
    • Student lounges and cafeterias

    For further information, see the Services section.

  • Who can help me with my questions about my Overseas Student Health Care (OSHC)?

    It is an Australian Government requirement that student visa holders contribute to the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) scheme. This cover must be paid before your student visa can be issued.

    More information on health cover, finding a doctor or making a claim can be found on the Health Cover page.

  • What must I do if I was absent because I was sick?

    You will need to get a doctor’s certificate to show that you were sick on the day/s that you were absent.

    Even if you do not think that you need to see the doctor or you do not want medicine, you will need to see a doctor to get a medical certificate.

    It is a good idea to make a photocopy of your medical certificate for you to keep as a record before you give the original to your lecturer.

Didn't find your answer?

Contact Us