We believe that excellence in vocational education requires that teachers deliver and assess students using:
- methodologies that engage learners
- content that meets the needs of prospective or current employers
- delivery techniques that build work-ready graduates and foster employability traits such as positive workplace attitudes and effective communication skills.
Our teacher training has the following objectives:
- Providing participants with insights into how an effective vocational training system should operate
- Exposing teachers to the latest equipment, technologies and competency frameworks
- Allowing teachers to experience delivery first-hand by shadowing a TAFE SA lecturer in a vocational area of choice
- Engaging with our e-learning systems and a range of learning methodologies
- Understanding the Australian vocational training system
As a minimum, all vocational trainers in Australia need to hold the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification, or be working towards it. If you want to master the art of competency-based skills training, speak with TAFE SA about an accredited study tour incorporating elements of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Contact us to find out more about TAFE SA teacher training.