Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Campus Locations for Course Delivery
Course Admission Requirements
(for International Applications)
Work Placement Duration: 480 hours
Students will need to undertake 20 days work placement x 4 semesters (140 hours).
- *University Packaged offers are available for Jan intake.
- Students may choose, particularly those who don't meet the academic entry criteria of Year 12 or equivalent, to complete the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care first. Upon successful completion of the Certificate III students can then continue with the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care. Students will receive a semester of credit into the Diploma which is typically 4 semesters in length. The duration for the package of Certificate III and Diploma is 4 semesters at a total cost of $24,000.
How to Apply
International Course - application process
If you are applying from onshore, generally, you will need to apply for an international course to TAFE South Australia at least two months before you want to start your studies in Australia. If you are applying from offshore it is highly recommended that you apply at least four months in advance.
Read more about:
Note: You must be an International resident to apply for this course.
For Australian residents please visit TAFE SA Courses.
Graduates of child care and related community service courses can work with children, from babies to 12-year-old children in day-long care, occasional care, family day care, out-of-school-hours care and vacation care. The diploma course may assist in gaining entry into university.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
This course provides the skills needed by educators in a range of early childhood education and care settings who work within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. 23 core units plus 5 electives.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
Packaged University Offer
This course is available as a Packaged University Offer. The University program(s) for this course: Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education) at the University of South Australia
This allows students to accept a joint packaged offer with a local South Australian University, and upon successful completion of TAFE SA qualification, the student is eligible for a guaranteed entry into a nominated University Program. Find out more about Packaged University Offers.
The benefits of a Packaged University Offer include:
- Students will be able to apply for a single visa for the entire duration of both programs
- Guaranteed entry into selected University Programs
- Guaranteed credits shorten the duration of qualifications and reduces tuition fees over the total duration of study program
- Graduate with a dual qualification from both TAFE SA and a University (for example Advanced Diploma/Bachelor Degree)
- Graduate with a competitive mix of practical and theoretical skills
See relevant Credit Transfer details below.
You will only receive a joint offer for TAFE SA and University if you apply for a Packaged University Program. If the University course that you have selected is not part of a Packaged University Offers, you will need to apply separately to the University for your selected degree program.
Studying at TAFE SA is one of the easiest pathways towards a University Degree. Credit Transfer is the formal recognition that parts of a TAFE SA course are equivalent in content and level to parts of some University courses.
Find other TAFE SA Credit Transfer Agreements
|University||University Course||Points||Time Equiv.||Details|
|Flinders University||Bachelor of Education (Primary R to 7) and Bachelor of Arts||13.5 points
| ||Bachelor of Education (Middle and Secondary Schooling) and Bachelor of Arts||9 points
|University of South Australia||Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)||36 points
| ||Bachelor of Social Science (Human Services)||18 points
These course fees are for international students only.
|Tuition Fees||Incidental Fees|
|Semester 1||AUD $6000||-|
|Semester 2||AUD $6000||-|
|Semester 3||AUD $6000||-|
|Semester 4||AUD $6000||-|
|Fee Totals||AUD $24000||-|
|Total Course Cost||AUD $24000|
* Students will need to purchase a name badge $10.
Note: TAFE SA does not commit to any fees shown. Charges vary between courses and subjects and are
based on a rate per hour. TAFE SA and their agents reserve the right to make any changes necessary.
Overseas Student Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) insurance for the entire duration of the course. The health cover rate will vary depending on the personal circumstances and duration of stay in Australia. Read more about Overseas Student Health Cover.
TAFE SA International offers an optional Arrival & Pick up and/or Accommodation Service. For further details please contact us.