Course Notes & Special Requirements
- TAFE SA can recognise the skills (RPL) you already have. If you are working in the industry and have skills that can be recognised, TAFE SA will provide any additional training needed to gain a qualification
How to Apply
Note: You must be an Australian Resident to apply for this course.
For International Students please visit International Courses.
This qualification reflects the role of a skilled operator working with civil construction plant, who applies a broad range of skills in a varied work context.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
14 core units:
- Plan and organise work
- Carry our measurements and calculations
- Identify, locate and protect underground services
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Carry out manual excavation
- Support plant operations
- Spread and compact materials manually
- Carry out basic levelling
- Communicate in the workplace
- Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of non toxic materials
- Use hand and power tools
- Operate small plant and equipment
- Drain and dewater civil constructions site
- plus 5 elective units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.