This course provides comprehensive training for wall and floor tiling apprentices, and covers all practical and theoretical aspects of the trade.
You will learn about waterproofing wet areas, tile types, tile accessories, tile glues, tiling patterns and cement mortars.
Possible job roles include: Tiler; Wall and Floor Tiler.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
16 core units:
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Plan and organise work
- Conduct workplace communication
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Apply basic levelling procedures
- Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- Handle wall and floor tiling materials
- Use wall and floor tiling tools and equipment
- Prepare surfaces for tiling application
- Fix floor tiles
- Fix wall tiles
- Repair wall and floor tiles
- Carry out mosaic tiling
- Tile curved surfaces
- Apply waterproofing process to internal wet areas
- plus 3 elective units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.