This course will develop the skills and knowledge you need to have a successful career in the building and construction industry as a solid plasterer. You will learn how to finish walls, floors and ceilings in gypsum and Portland cement plasters, and construct various mouldings, textured finishes and ornamental restoration work.
Possible job roles include: Plasterer
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate III in Solid Plastering
15 core units:
- Install fire-rated masonry construction
- Plan and organise work
- Conduct workplace communication
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Apply basic levelling procedures
- Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- Cut and fix paper-faced cornices
- Handle solid plastering materials
- Use solid plastering tools and equipment
- Prepare surfaces for plastering
- Apply float and render to straight and curved surfaces
- Apply set coats
- Restore and renovate solid plasterwork
- plus 5 elective units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.