The Centre for Fitness, Sport, Recreation and Tourism is a leading provider of vocational education and training to the outdoor recreation, fitness, facility management, events, recreation, sport and tourism industries.
The Centre’s key aim is to ensure all students leave with excellent communication and teamwork skills, and a demonstrated ability to be innovative.
In all courses offered by the Centre, particular emphasis is placed on employability skills to ensure that graduates have the appropriate levels of flexibility, accountability and responsibility to bring real value to their employers.
The qualifications offered by the Centre offer diverse study and employment pathways leading to real jobs.
Recreation and Fitness programs
Qualifications at the Centre for Fitness, Sport, Recreation and Tourism are within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) ranging from Certificate III through to Diploma level.
Under credit arrangements with the university sector, students who are successful in these courses are eligible to apply for status in related Degree-level courses.
The Centre is equipped with
- aerobics suite
- hydraulic circuit room
- fully equipped gym
- fitness assessment laboratory
- fitness rehabilitation facility
- work station computer suite
- simulated events office
- adventure ropes course
- tour buses
- 4WD vehicles
- bushwalking equipment
- scuba equipment
- rock climbing and abseiling equipment
- camping equipment
- tour guiding equipment
- boats (7m devil cat, rubber duck)
TAFE SA fitness, sport, recreation and tourism courses prepare you for a career in an industry that is enjoying significant growth due to an increased public awareness of health and fitness.
On completing your study, you will have the opportunity to move into roles such as
- adventure/bushwalking/eco tour guide
- international outdoor camp counsellor (eg camp America)
- adventure sports instructor
- top-rope rock climbing
- scuba diving
- outdoor recreation assistant, leader or instructor
- community/school sports coordinator
- sports coach (clubs and schools)
- recreation project officer
- recreation/sport facility manager
- council recreation officer
- events coordinator/manager
- recreation camp leader
- fitness instructor
- group exercise
- exercise in water
- children trainer
- specialised personal trainer
- specialised exercise trainer
Recreation and sport courses are offered at the Mount Gambier, Port Lincoln and Regency campuses.