TAFE South Australia International is looking for enthusiastic students for our 2012 International Student Ambassador team.
We want to make sure that our international students have a great experience in Adelaide and our student ambassadors are an important part of this by blogging, organising, leading and attending events, helping us plan student initiatives and acting as the ‘face’ of TAFE South Australia International.
In return you’ll receive training, develop your personal and professional skills, gain valuable experience to help you in your future career and have a great time!
If you are a current or new International or domestic TAFE SA student you could be one of our next Student Ambassadors.
We are looking for a new Student Ambassador Team for 2012
New and existing TAFE South Australia students at any stage of study are very welcome to apply.
You’ll need to be over 18 as of 1 January 2012.
We need Student Ambassadors who have
- Enthusiasm: We want you to have fun, enjoy being with people and making sure others are having a great time too
- Time: We need Ambassadors to blog, be active on social media, attend social events and organise one event in the year.
- Ideas: We’d love your ideas on new events, activities and services for international students
- Confidence: We want our Student Ambassadors to be student leaders, lead events and to represent TAFE South Australia International at public events.
As part of the Ambassador program you will receive
- Experience: You’ll gain valuable experience in organising events, leadership and social interaction.
- Free professional training: We will provide professional workshops to develop your skills.
- Contacts and networking: As an Ambassador you’ll attend key events.
- Invitations: You’ll be invited to important industry events and social functions organised by education, industry and community partners.
- Support: We want to make sure that you have a great time as an Ambassador. The TAFE South Australia International unit will provide support and assistance for you.
- Certificate: A certificate in recognition of your role as a Student Ambassador
- Free TAFE South Australia Student Ambassador kit: Including a customised Student Ambassador polot shirt and hoody for you to wear when you are being a Student Ambassador.
How to apply
To apply we’d like you to think of a name for your Student Ambassador blog and to write your first blog post. Your blog post should be no more than 300 words and can be sent to us in an email or a Word document.
You can write about your experiences so far as an International student, why you’ve chosen to study your course, introduce yourself, tell us how you came to be studying in Adelaide and why you think you’d be a fantastic Student Ambassador.
Be funny, be fun, genuine and show us what a great a Student Ambassador you would be!
You’ll also need to send us a one page current resume including your name, age, nationality and your course of study.
Short listed applicants will be asked to attend an interview in the week starting 30 January 2012.
Please send your blog post and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions can be sent to Jemima Kemp at email@example.com
Find out more about our current Student Ambassadors at the International Student blog
Applications close on 03 February 2012
We’ll hear from you soon!