General IT Support provides skills and knowledge in a wide range of general Information and Communications Technology (ICT). It provides specialisation in Information Technology activities across a range of digital media technologies.
This program provides a range of skills required for employment in the ICT and digital media industry. This includes information technology hardware, networking using Cisco, Microsoft and virtualisation technologies, programming, and website development.
TAFE SA is a Cisco Networking Academy and Microsoft IT Academy which provides industry certification training in Cisco and Microsoft courses, and provide visualization applications through the VMware Academic program.
TAFE SA offers accredited Courses, from Certificate to Advanced Diploma Level, covering all aspects of information technology support.
Job prospects for this qualification include ICT Support Technician, and Database and Systems Administrators and ICT Security.
Database & Systems Administrators & ICT Security plan, develop, maintain, manage and administer organisations' database management systems, operating systems and security policies and procedures to ensure optimal database and system integrity, security, backup, reliability and performance.
ICT Support Technicians provide support for the deployment and maintenance of ICT infrastructure, web technology, and resolution of technical problems.
This program will provide the following career opportunities for graduates:
- Improve your employment prospects in the Information Technology and Communications (ICT) industry.
- Respond to industry developments in industry requirements in a range of in demand Information Technology skills.
- Have your skills recognised by South Australia’s leading provider of IT training.
- Be recognised by peers for your up-to-date skills.
- Work throughout Australia with nationally recognised qualifications.
Further information on career opportunities and job prospects refer to: ICT Support Technicians and Database/Systems Administrators and ICT Security.