Fitness, Sport & Recreation
The Centre for Fitness, Sport, Recreation and Tourism is a leading provider of vocational education and training to the outdoor recreation, fitness, facility management, events, recreation, sport and adventure tourism industries.
The Centre’s key aim is to ensure all students leave with excellent communication and teamwork skills, and a demonstrated ability to be innovative.
In all courses offered by the Centre, particular emphasis is placed on employability skills to ensure that graduates have the appropriate levels of flexibility, accountability and responsibility to bring real value to their employers.
The qualifications offered by the Centre offer diverse study and employment pathways leading to real jobs.
Sport and Recreation Courses
||Jo Hillas |
Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer and Gym Owner
TAFE SA fitness, sport, recreation and tourism courses prepare students for careers in an industry that is growing with increased public awareness of health and fitness.
Graduates of the Centre can move into roles such as
• fitness instructor/ personal trainer/specialised exercise trainer
• recreation/sport facility manager
• council recreation officer
• events coordinator/manager
• adventure/bushwalking/eco tour guide
• international outdoor camp counsellor (eg camp America) / recreation camp leader
• adventure sports instructor
• top-rope rock climbing
• scuba diving
• outdoor recreation assistant, leader or instructor
• community/school sports coordinator
• sports coach (clubs and schools)
• recreation project officer
For further information, please contact:
Regency (08) 8348 4335
General TAFE SA enquiries
Email: Contact Us
Phone: 1800 882 661 (freecall)
TTY for deaf: 8226 4413