Learning another Language
Studying a language will not only provide you with knowledge and skills in the language itself, but also an insight into the values, attitudes and customs of other cultural groups. Language qualifications at TAFE SA aim to provide practical, vocationally-oriented and culturally appropriate skills that will enable you to communicate effectively in written and oral forms. Many students learn a language in conjunction with another course or employment.
Study a second language to:
- improve on language skills you already have
- increase chances of employment/promotion
- provide an advantage in employment and business
- be able to communicate on a basic level when travelling
- enhance your social-cultural understanding
Learning another language Courses
Opportunities exist for freelance interpreting work in a variety of areas, both at the community level and in the business and entertainment sectors. Opportunities also exist for casual employment with interpreting and translating agencies.
Learning another Language enquiries
General TAFE SA enquiries
Email: Enquire online
Phone: 1800 882 661 (freecall)
TTY for deaf: 8226 4413