Small Business Management
Our state-wide Small Business Management Program offers a range of services including certificate studies, short courses and workshops. Our small business training courses provide the skills required to start a small business or develop knowledge in certain areas. We offer flexible learning options so students can choose from face-to-face or online study. Most courses do not have minimum requirements, and students can enrol at any time. Each unit is supported by award-winning, comprehensive learning materials, which enable students to study at their own pace.
The program offers two qualifications:
- Certificate III in Micro Business Operations will equip graduates to research the viability of their business idea. This course is designed for people intending to open their own small business in the near future.
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management will equip graduates to run their own small business. This course is designed for existing small business people and for those intending to open their own small business in the near future.
Contractor’s License Units
These units are for those who are seeking their Contractor’s License from Consumer and Business Services (CBS) under any of the following:
- Plumbers, Gas Fitters and Electricians ACT (1995)
- Security and Investigation Agents Acts (1995)
- Building Work Contractors Act (1995)
VET for Schools Course
This program is designed to give Year 10, 11 and 12 school students the skills required to measure business viability. It covers a range of operational practices necessary to research a small business environment. This program is designed for people intending to open their own small business in the near future. It consists of a nationally accredited Certificate III in Micro Business Operations, special guest speakers, business visits and presentations by inspirational local young business owners.
Small Business Management Courses
Employment opportunities in this area of study include the following:
• Independent Contractor
• Micro Business Operator
• Small Business Manager
Small Business Management Studies enquiries General TAFE SA enquiries
Email: Small Business Management Studies
Phone: (08) 8207 8373
Email: Enquire online
Phone: 1800 882 661 (freecall)
TTY for deaf: 8226 4413
Small Business Management courses are available at many TAFE SA locations across South Australia. Visit the TAFE SA campus page to find a campus near you.