Students talk about TAFE SA
- Diploma of Laboratory Technology, Certificate III in Laboratory Skills
- Senior Medical Research Scientist at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital
“One thing I’m really proud of is being able to get into university to do a PhD, simply based on my TAFE qualifications. So just based on the practical skills I had gained by working in the hospital setting, in addition to my Diploma in Laboratory Technology, I was admitted to do my PhD with the University of Adelaide.
There is a TAFE course for everyone out there. And as a scientist, I can tell you that you’ll never stop learning, and that it’s never too late to give it a go.”
- Certificate IV in Marketing, Certificate IV in Advertising, Diploma of Marketing, Diploma of Advertising and Advanced Diploma of Marketing.
- 2010 Young Marketer of the Year Award
- Marketing Assistant, Wok in a Box, National Support Office
“Vocational study to me means studying for what you want to be and you can get a qualification after only six months’ study. I’ve been at TAFE SA for a year and a half and I have five parchments! I’ll go to university now to do a Bachelor of Commerce (Management) thanks to the credit transfer and pathway arrangements that TAFE SA has with many universities.”
- Bachelor of Visual Arts and Design
- One of 36 emerging artists chosen for nation-wide exhibition Hatched 2012 at the Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts
- One of 26 students from around Australia to exhibit at FotoFreo’s FutureGen 2012
- Received the Adelaide City Council acquisitive award at the recent Helpmann Academy Graduate Exhibition
“I can't think of anywhere else in Adelaide that you are studying next to ballet dancers, actors, fashion designers and TV producers. It was the perfect environment to study; all the creativity surrounding you was such an inspiration to keep creating yourself.”
- Bachelor of Arts (Acting)
- 2011 Adelaide Critics Circle Awards winner
During his study at TAFE SA Adelaide College of the Arts, Mr Sanders thrived on the encounters with other artists ‐ from lecturers to guest lecturers, directors, professional actors and fellow students ‐ who all had their own methodology to acting.
“At AC Arts there's no hierarchy of ideas, or 'this is how we do it here and no other way is valid', the training is a constant conversation about the multifarious hows, whys and wherefores and which of them is going to work for each individual student”
- Diploma of Event Management, Certificate III in Business Administration
- Arts Administration traineeship at the City of Unley
“After some research I decided to study in a completely different field and TAFE SA offers a huge range of courses to choose from. Study has given me a new career direction and opportunity to work in community engagement in local government.”
- Diploma in Event Management
- Marketing Assistant, Clipsal 500 Adelaide
“Studying at TAFE SA gave me many opportunities to gain the hands-on experience that confirmed for me that I’d chosen the right career and gave me the advantage of work experience over other people seeking to get into the industry.”